Today my absolute favorite thing was enjoying a stroopwafel with vanilla ice cream. My husband, Cory, brought home a box of stroopwafels from his last jaunt out of the country, and they are quite delicious. If you don’t know what they are, as I didn’t before last week, they are a layer of caramel sandwiched between two brown-sugary waffel-type cookies. Almost heaven, but a little too much on their own, I found. The creamy vanilla ice cream was the answer I was looking for. And, in case anyone could possibly have been wondering, I’ve been eating my ice cream in a mug for some time now. I like to think that it helps me limit how much I eat, but in reality I end up cramming the ice cream down in the mug as far as I can, so who knows. I also like having a handle to hold so that my hands don’t get cold.
I’ve also been hoarding links again. I love finding ideas from around the way to keep in my back pocket for, you know, just in case. And now, I share them with you!
- I’ve been enjoying reading this series from Jeni about fabric stashing. She has a ridiculous (in a good way) amount of fabric herself, and is able to pull from her collection beautifully in everything she makes.
- Let’s Explore reminded me that I’d like to do magnet painting with my kiddos sometime soon.
- These origami houses also look really cool.
- For a little vintage eye candy, go take a gander at these playhouses.
- I’d really like to try making this sausage, kale, and bean stew.
- Make It and Love It has a tutorial from transforming a t-shirt into a skirt. I will definitely be adding this to my spring sewing list.
- Would love to make an “A” and “C” pillow like this one for Annabelle and Charlotte.
- And lastly, these two posts really hit home with me: The first is from Elsa Mora, who makes the most beautiful and inspiring papercuts, and often has insightful commentary regarding the meaning behind her pieces. The second is from Blacksburg Belle, who is new to me, but I have enjoyed what I’ve read so far on this blog geared towards crafty entrepreneurs.
Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit! It’s always nice to sit and share with friends? And please, if you come across something you think I might like, feel free to leave a link in the comments or shoot me an email!