Charlotte has been asking for a pair of house slippers for quite some time now, and it was only after having no luck in buying a pair that I decided to make her some. I have a huge list of WIPs and and I really didn’t need to add another project to my list. But, the girl needed slippers because her big sister had a pair and she didn’t.
With both kids in school I finally had some time work on them and actually finished them a couple weeks ago.
I used some pink linen for the uppers, quilting cotton for the lining and denim for the sole.
They fit perfectly. Perhaps a little too perfectly…she’ll probably out grow them in a month.
“So, what do you think Charlotte?”
“I love them, but they’re supposed to have a flower on them.”
“Well, they probably could use a little something. Ok, I’ll add some flowers.”
After first experimenting with felt flowers and then trying to knit little flowers, I ended up opting for the ever-versatile fabric yo-yo:
Little did I know that the flowers were supposed to be purple. Thankfully she’s forgiving and is happy to wear them as they are.
They came out so well that her sister has requested a pair… so Charlotte requested a second pair in order to maintain a fair balance of house slippers between the two.
I think we’re fine with what we have, so it’ll probably be a while before you see another pair of slippers on here.
FYI: Pattern from this book.