Well, I couldn’t have cut it any closer with getting all of the party stuff finished. The guests were arriving as I was putting the finishing touches on the cake topper and sewing the elastic on the birthday girl’s princess hat! Thankfully, everyone was very forgiving and even helped out with balloons and getting food set out.
All the kids had a ball playing around with the dress-up clothes and playing in the slip-n-slide, but I think Annabelle had the most fun of all. She loved every single aspect of the party and made sure to wear her superhero costume while blowing out the candles and put on her princess hat to open her gifts (unfortunately, a poor choice of interfacing kept her from wearing the hat as long as she would have liked).
Here are some acknowledgments:
- Clothespin doll cake topper inspired by the beautiful toppers created by Wee Cute Treasures (wish I could have bought one of hers, but I’m happy with how mine turned out)
- Butterfly wings purchased from Etsy shop AttiTUTUde
- Felt for wands, masks, and princess hat purchased from Etsy shop BenzieBazaar
- Cape tutorial from Creative Kismet
- Princess hat tutorial from Skip to My Lou
- Mask templates from Ambrosia Girl
- Hardening buttercream recipe from Cake Central
- Smooth buttercream tutorial from Cake Answers
- Watermelon dish (not pictured, but served at the party) from The Long Thread
Thank you to all of you bloggers and general crafty-types….I couldn’t have done it without you! And, special thanks to my husband for doing a majority of the cleaning and other running around while I got to hang out in my craft room doing fun things. :)